This is a compilation of some of my memories and experiences that happened during my teenage years. Start at the begginning of this blog to hear the beginning of my story.

The most recent posts will now be my experiences with Lupus as an adult and mother.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

false labor

On Sunday I had quite an embarrassing false alarm. I always swore I would NEVER be one of those.... but I WAS!!
A little after 1 I started having contractions every 5 minutes. They weren't super strong till about 5. Even then I wasn't "breathing through them" but they were painful.
So I called my doc, as instructed, and he said I should go into triage.

Although my contractions were then 2-3 minutes apart and their little arches turned into big tall arches on the graph I was only dilated to a 1. After an hour of walking the halls they calmed down in intensity (not frequency) and I was only dilated to a 1 1/2. So they sent me home to labor there....come back when I had been "breathing through my contractions" for an hour or more.

I came home. we put kids to bed. I went to bed.
and contractions stopped sometime in the night. I woke up a couple of times to strong ones but otherwise slept well.
super sore back next day....

I was excited to go home. I am was not ready for him to come!
during the time I was counting contractions I thought of the million things I wanted and needed to do before the big day!! I had cleaning, (especially cause family will be coming after) laundry stacked, sewing projects, things to buy, groceries, meals to make....just plain not ready.
I sat there hoping they would slow down and stop.
(although, a part of me..very small part...was of course excited to meet this guy)
I know I shouldn't be surprised at "going early" I should have been ready to have this baby at 37 weeks. I like to save those little things for RIGHT before though, it helps makes these last weeks go faster and keep me busy.
today already I feel as if I could have this baby and be better prepared about it. BUT I still have much to do. so stay in there, k bud?
It's too early.
your too little.

No comments:

Post a Comment