This is a compilation of some of my memories and experiences that happened during my teenage years. Start at the begginning of this blog to hear the beginning of my story.

The most recent posts will now be my experiences with Lupus as an adult and mother.

Monday, April 4, 2011

hide 'der

We got home from a quick trip to the grandparents last night. Sydney was sound asleep in her bed, but Jack however had taken a late nap and was wide awake and happy. my Mr. Helpful stood in the bathroom as I unpacked some of my toiletries and got ready for bed. When he spied my Lovenox shot he became concerned.

Mama, Owie?
yeah, thats my shot. It gives me owies. It's ok.  

oh. Mama, no owie, k? 
no, i have to take the shot. It helps me make the baby big and strong.

no, no mama owie. 
It's ok Jack, I did shots when you were in my tummy so you would be big and strong.

No. Mama. Owie. 
and he grabs my shot and hides it under the bed.

I pretended not to see him hide it. and asked

HEY! wheres my shot?

He giggled, oh me hide 'der. (still sitting by the bed, he pointed under it)

Well give it to me! 
NO! no, mama owie.

I think that shot is still under the bed. I just grabbed another one from the box.
His concern was touching though :)

After spending like $40 on OTC heart-burn medications I was curious on how much a month I actually do spend, or maybe how much all the medications add up to, but thankfully insurance covers a LOT.

So the last time I was at Costco I took note on how much each bottle cost. but my list is still incomplete. I have most of them...the rest shouldn't make that much of a difference. It's things like tums, and a bottle of baby aspirin...etc. maybe adds $10.

Prescriptions:
Enoxaparin-1 a day (generic Lovenox) $975 for 24
Hydroxychlorine- 2 a day (generic) $52 for 60
Plaquneil
Vitamins:
Prenatal (1)    $18 for 90
Fish Oil (1)    $15 for 375
Calcium (1)   $8 for 500
Iron (4-6)          $20 for 90
Vitamin C (1-2) ? $5 for a month

OTC
Baby Asprin (1)         ? $5
Tums (plethora)            $15 for the large extra strength
Pepsid (chewable)(1)  ?$8
Zantac  (2)                    $18 for 65
BUT currently switching to Prevacid to see if I can get relief. Not quite sure the price on that baby, but I'm pretty sure its more.

It's kind of hard to calculate a monthly cost...since who knows how many bottles and packages of tums, pepsid and zantac I go through..and also things like Iron I take depending on my meals and mood. But you can get the idea. Some like Calcium and fish are super cheap, but prenatal and Zantac get costly.

No comments:

Post a Comment