This is a compilation of some of my memories and experiences that happened during my teenage years. Start at the begginning of this blog to hear the beginning of my story.

The most recent posts will now be my experiences with Lupus as an adult and mother.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

lemon-lime sugar water


The middle pictures is a little crazy. almost freaky. Its a picture of his nostrils,  lips, and chin.

YESTERDAY I had another appointment and growth ultrasound. (yay!)  glucola drink and blood draw (boo). I am now 27 weeks.

I remember feeling so sick and nauseated the day I did my glucose drink with Jack. I was NOT looking forward to this day. I cleaned my house in the morning, and even prepared a crock-pot meal so that I'd be prepared to lay on the couch ALL day if needed. At 12:17 I finished my lemon-lime flavored sugar water, and it didn't take long for the buzz to kick in!
By the time they had checked my weight, blood pressure and had me laying down ready for the ultrasound I had a headache. But I'd have to say that was the worst of it! I didn't get all nauseous.
My energy did crash. By dinner all I could do is lay around....

Baby in my belly is measuring perfect. and looks healthy as can be. such a blessing.

ME:  About two weeks ago rhem office called and told me my blood work was good, they had consulted with my OB, and wanted to leave everything as it was. I didn't want want to stay on the prednisone, but didn't question anything there.

After a few days I had decided this prednisone was not worth the side effects, especially if all my blood work is good. So I got up the courage and called the nurses line. Thankfully they called me later with a tapering off schedule. phew.
So I'm off, well almost off it now.
It can easily be said, I hate prednisone.

Jump Forward  to yesterday- my OB said that what my rhem doc had saw was an elevated sed rate level. and typically that means lupus activity. BUT it is also very common in pregnant women to have a low ESL. This was comforting to me because it meant I didn't not have my lupus starting to flare but rather, this is normal. It also meant the prednisone was probably unnecessary.
It's ok. It's just such good news.

I'm still feeling really good, and trying to just enjoy this pregnancy. It's so easy to be down and complain-y during pregnancy. You never feel 100%, things ache and and energy goes fast but its a season and a time in my life that I'll never have back. And the time goes by so fast. Before I know it, this baby will be here. crazy.
27 down...13ish to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment